Saturday, March 18, 2017

Rune Study Post #3: Uruz

This post is part of an ongoing rune study series that invites discussion around the runes and personal experiences that relate to working with this system.

Today's focus will be on Uruz, the second rune of the first aett.

Whereas Fehu represents domesticated cattle, the word "Uruz" translates to "Aurochs," the wild ox of Europe and other regions. Uruz connects to health, strength, and courage. Interestingly, I've often drawn this rune on mornings where doctor visits or other health-related activities have been the theme of the day! This is also a rune I have utilized with galdr (along with some others) when my kids have been ill.

Questions:

1) What other meanings do you attribute to Uruz?

2) How do you utilize this rune in your practice?

3) If Uruz has presented itself in your rune castings, how have you seen its energy manifested in the tangible world?

2 comments:

  1. In my list of meanings for this rune I've also got willpower and raw unfocused energy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes a lot of sense, I like that: "raw, unfocused energy" - wild like the aurochs :)

      Delete