Saturday, November 15, 2014

Morning Draw: Solitude

This morning I drew Solitude from my Enochian Tarot. This is a card from the Major Arcana, the 27th Aethyr. In the image there is a woman standing on a stone plinth in the middle of a green field at night. The deep blue and purple sky stretches on behind her, stars scattered above, and hills can be seen in the distance. There is something Dianic about this woman, perhaps because she holding a bow. That resonates with me, as Artemis always has, in her wild, natural strength and wisdom. There is more to this woman, though; along one side we can see an elderly figure holding a cane, an extension of herself, the crone within.

Enochian Tarot
Schueler/Glassman

Solitude is something I enjoy when I actively seek it out. Amidst the busy-ness of everyday life it can be difficult to carve out time for meditation and alone time. And other times (particularly a couple of extended periods of time in this past year) I've experienced solitude due to life circumstances rather than having chosen it for myself. But the power in solitude is just as potent in the moments we desire it as in the moments it's handed to us.

Without distractions we are better able to tune into what our bodies are telling us; we are better able to connect to the flow of feelings running through us; and we are better able to attune to our inner guidance, our crone energy, that stream of wisdom running like a river through our hearts that supports  us in our search for clarity, as we consider our place in this great Universe.


4 comments:

  1. I like the more complex view of a woman. in this card. Like you I am an introvert who craves solitude. As long as we don't feel lonely, we are alright and we can enjoy all the benefits of solitude which you have listed so well :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! It's hardest to crave solitude when it's just not easy to come by, but we make do! :)

      Delete
  2. Ha ha, it seems very fitting that Solitude incorporates the maiden and the crone. Mothers may wish for it, but seldom find it! Well, my baby is just 8 months, so I'm sure that will change, but for the moment the only chance I get to meditate is with him sleeping next to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I was wondering the same thing. Maiden? Crone? WHere is the mama??? But you've just answered that question - we get very little! Maybe some day when our babes are bigger….;-)

      Delete