Saturday, September 21, 2013

Mabon to Samhain: Tradition

Tomorrow we recognize Mabon and in about a month's time we'll arrive at Samhain, the third and final harvest celebration, the old New Year, where the veil between worlds is at its thinnest. As a kind of internal celebration I decided to ask my Wildwood deck: between Mabon and Samhain, which energies will be most important for me to meditate on?

I pulled the 9 of Stones, "Tradition."

I spent some time looking at the card, feeling its message to me (which is so"right on" for me at this time) and I wrote out a sort of stream of consciousness to capture my thoughts and emotions. Instead of forming that into neat prose, I decided to simply share what came to me, as is:

Cernunnos, Spirit of the Wild, connection to the animals
Holds in his hands transformation, energy, and power

Meditates

Peace and surety of being
Sits on a hill with the forest out below and around him
       connected to everything now and before
Mystery, spirit, intuition
Deep knowing, flowing

Grounded

Associated with the Hooded Man
introspection, learning, teaching, solitude
Remembering that you're a part of all that was 
and all that is 
and all that will be

- it's within you -

Standing stones are witnesses to the passing of time
change and transformation
so is the Moon
Connecting us to our past lives, she is also our witness

Alone, yet a part of it all.

*******************************

I'm still ruminating, still "sitting with" these energies which are very powerful and deeply important to me. Perfect food for this time of year.
Happy Fall, y'all.
Wildwood Tarot
Mark Ryan, John Matthews, Will Worthington
Sterling Ethos, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment