Friday, September 6, 2013

Hidden Mountaintop, Here I Come!

Today I'm feeling Hermit-y.  On my way to work this morning I was dreaming of a lonely mountaintop, my own private cabin, no one for miles around.  Some days being part of humanity is taxing!  I watch the news and see stories of so many horrible things.  I drive to the grocery store, and on the way have to battle 28 crazed motorists that make me feel like I'm in a battle video game.  At work there is always some new miscommunication in the general environment which leads to rampant gossiping.  I know that escaping is not really the solution, but that doesn't mean
that at times it isn't very tempting!
DruidCraft Tarot, St. Martin's Press
S. and P. Carr-Gomm, W. Worthington


Oh, the Hermit!  The solitary figure on the cliff high above the land.  He is accompanied by a wolf, signifying the power, fortitude, and deep self-understanding that come from being alone, while the moon shines above, a symbol of inner-knowledge and intuition.  The green shade in the sky represents healing, peace, and our innate connection to nature.  In his right hand the Hermit bears the lantern of spiritual illumination and teaching.  He's alone because he chooses to be, not because he must be.  His gifts are the pursuit of truth, guidance and learning, and the wisdom that comes from experiencing the deep quiet within.


No comments:

Post a Comment