Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My 9 of Swords Moment

I am terrified to read for strangers.  But at the same time, I really want to do it.
In a casual day dream I imagine a fun experience of doing a reading for someone I don't know, and having it turn out to be a really rewarding experience.

But when I really consider it seriously, when I look at the free-reader sites and when I read a post on a favorite blog encouraging free-reading as a great way to improve your skills......while one part of me is excited for the challenge, another part of me has run the other way in terror.

Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot


What if I get nervous and don't connect with my cards?

What if I misinterpret the spread, and it's all wrong for the querent?

What if I get really horrible feedback about how off I was??????

It makes me really nervous!  I'm not going to rush off and sign up as a free-reader quite yet - I still have more "private" practicing to do, and I want to wait until I've practiced with the new decks I ordered, which I *think* will be wonderful to work with.  But in reality, I need to read for strangers at some point if I'm going to have any real advancement as a Tarot reader.  I know that I will do it when the time comes....but at this point the idea of it turns me into a ball of really tight nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment